Born: Wayan Sika was born at 24 September 1949 in Silakarang, Gianyar. Bali.
Education: Fine Art Department of Institute Indonesian Art Yogyakarta and he is among one of the founding fathers of Artists community Sanggar Dewata Indonesia (SDI).
Now days: Live at Ubud, Sika maintains his involvement in the arts through the management of Sika Gallery that was established as a proactive art space and venue for numerous art exhibitions especially for contemporary arts. Following his international networks, Sika forwards the interest of contemporary arts through the ” Bali Basel ” program, a program dedicated for cultural exchanges between Bali and Swiss.
Statement: I’m constructed my life to be have balancing between Logical and spiritual “. Contemporary life give us wide change and multiple directions to create our personal qualities. Can be by popular knowledge or past century and religion, technological, widen view; will be construction our an attitude. It was reflecting to daily life and Art creation. With my Arts I told to every one: Live is not only looking for material but also spiritual.
- “ Bali- Basel”, di Sika Gallery, Bali.
- “ Borobudur International Festival” di Museum H. Widayat, Magelang.
- “GloBal-I “, Galeri Mon Décor, Jakarta.
- “Painting Exhibition by Gianyar-Bali”, YDBA Gallery, Kemang, Jakarta
- “Bali Biennale” Neka Museum, Bali
- “The Reality of Abstract Niskala”, Sika Gallery, Ubud, Bali
- “Artmosphere” Sanur Village Festival, Darga Gallery, Sanur
- “Perjalanan Seni Lukis Abstrak”, Galeri Nasional, Jakarta
- “Labo Teaching Information Center, Education & Production Section, Japan
- “ EXPOSIGNS “, Jogja Expo Center, 25 November- 30 Desember 2009